A recent article from a Sauk Valley newspaper discussed the ongoing algae problems in a community park pond. I wouldn’t say though that the story came out with a happy ending. There are several notable steps the city took to help work against the algae issues and most were pretty good to start with. Let’s […]
After years of being in the pond business, it could be said that we’ve sold A LOT of pond aeration systems. From small backyard koi pond aerators to mulit-acre lake packages, and just about everything in between. In that time, we’ve learned, and observed, what it takes to keep these systems up and running for […]
Want a quick, clean, and easy way to add dye to your pond? Up to now most often we’ve had to use concentrated liquids for this task, but thanks to Easy Pro we now have an alternative. I’ve come to like powdered dyes because they still concentrated but much easier, and cleaner to work with […]
Whether your pond is small or large, it goes without saying that aeration in some form is very beneficial. Over the years we’ve mentioned that sub-surface aerators, or putting a diffuser at the bottom of the pond is highly desirable. That’s not to say that a fountain on the surface of the pond won’t be […]
Summer time can be hard on a pond. Of course you’ll commonly see very high temperatures and along with that comes a lot of sunny days. I’m normally partial to a little sunshine and like John Denver, I like it on my shoulder now and then. But it can beat down on a pond and […]
Chlorine and Chloramines are simply not something you want in your fish pond. Yet they are found in virtually every municipal water source. So, if you have a fish pond, and live in a city with a muni water supply, be sure to check with your city water department to find out what they are […]
If you’re researching large pond aerators, more often than not, you end up with a lot of questions. I get them all the time. What is an aerator actually going to do for my pond? How does it work? How do I get the right size system for my pond? What’s installation like, can I […]
Pond algae needs certain things to grow really well. It’s a plant after all, and if you ask any good gardner what they like to see come growing season, it’s a nice balance of sun, rain, and some really good, nutrient rich soil. For a pond owner, that “soil” might be at the bottom of […]
Sometimes I find myself questioning if certain topics are worth talking about. Standing on thin ice would be one of those but in truth, it’s a very important thing to talk about. The proof in this is the various news reports you see every winter, where people, pets, or even wildlife end up falling through […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Read this closely. Nutrients feed algae of all kinds. And while algae isn't always destructive, when conditions a… https://t.co/FZcdaIK7eR 10 months ago
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 11 months ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 1 year ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 1 year ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 2 years ago