As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There’s no doubt that in the coming year you’ll see more and more companies in the pond care realm offering up a device called a pond or water ionizer. They sound like a really good idea. Set the dial or push a button on a control panel and the system will release a dose of copper into the water. And since copper is toxic to algae…like magic, your algae will be controlled.
I loved the sound of this because it sure beat putting an algaecide into the pond in my book. But a couple of very important questions arose as I looked closer at these devices and now I want to share a few thoughts with you. Maybe this is the first you’ve heard of such a thing, and if so, you’ll learn more about them and how they work. And if you’re considering one for your pond right now, I’ll share with you where they will likely work best, and where I probably would avoid putting one at least at this time.
The video below is over six minutes long but it covers a lot of important ground…
[youtube width=”425″ height=”355″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytEeONby1OA[/youtube]
One clarification…the copper concentrations I mentioned in the video were incorrect. What I intended to say was that the copper levels should be between 0.2 and 0.25 ppm.
After watching the video, if you think an ionizer might fit your particular needs, you can get more details here.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.