Sometimes in talking to a pond owner who’s kept their water feature open all winter, it comes as a surprise to them that algae can grow, even in the coldest conditions. As I always do, if they ask how it should be treated, I suggest using a good quality pond bacteria, and one that is […]
Aerating your pond in the winter time is useful at keeping ice from forming at the surface. It’s crucial that fish get adequate oxygen from the atmosphere, even in colder weather, so keeping a spot of ice open is very useful. You can use a pond heater of course, but many people also like, and […]
One question I get asked a lot in the fall of every year is, “should I continue to use beneficial bacteria in my pond even though it’s getting cold?” It’s a great question and one that I’ll cover in the video below as well as the short article a bit farther down the page. There’s […]
Pond algae in the winter? You’ve got to be kidding right? Well…no. For those that keep their ponds open all year round, and particularly for people who live in colder climates, it can come as a shock that they would actually have pond algae growing in the water or on the rocks, even when it’s […]
While many pond owners have found ways to overwinter fish in a pond all season long, others due to many factors may choose to bring their fish indoors during the winter. As to which one is best for you will depend on a lot of factors. The type and depth of the pond you have […]
If you’re planning on leaving your fish in a pond throughout the winter the video below will offer a few helpful tips that can make this an enjoyable time for you and a safe time for your fish. As a teaser, if you’d like to see a guy in a Hawaiian shirt standing out in […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- How To Set Up A Hydroponic Pond May 30, 2016
- Mark: Hi Barbara, I think this link will provide more h...
- Barbara Dietze: unable to download petition. please resend ASAP. ...
- Melina Nelson: If you've ever had a leaking dam or pond on your ...
- Leviticus Bennett: I only recently found out that fountains are used ...
- Danielle Moreau: I'm planning to put a koi pond in the yard next y...
- Hey, hey, hey....it's Earth Day 2017! We always honor this day with a way for you to save on all of our... https://t.co/miMN3ZZlib 3 days ago
- Winter Fire Sale - Man it got cold quick in Iowa! Just in case you aren't on our email list, I wanted to let you... https://t.co/PtddydTNN9 4 months ago
- Not a good day here:( https://t.co/i4TkNbFxm2 5 months ago
- Can't say we've seen this one before. https://t.co/kd5EDuFMeE 6 months ago
- This town is spending a lot of money to clean up an algae problem. But it really doesn't have to cost an arm and... https://t.co/v114vvJoEe 7 months ago