Sometimes in talking to a pond owner who’s kept their water feature open all winter, it comes as a surprise to them that algae can grow, even in the coldest conditions. As I always do, if they ask how it should be treated, I suggest using a good quality pond bacteria, and one that is […]
Aerating your pond in the winter time is useful at keeping ice from forming at the surface. It’s crucial that fish get adequate oxygen from the atmosphere, even in colder weather, so keeping a spot of ice open is very useful. You can use a pond heater of course, but many people also like, and […]
One question I get asked a lot in the fall of every year is, “should I continue to use beneficial bacteria in my pond even though it’s getting cold?” It’s a great question and one that I’ll cover in the video below as well as the short article a bit farther down the page. There’s […]
Pond algae in the winter? You’ve got to be kidding right? Well…no. For those that keep their ponds open all year round, and particularly for people who live in colder climates, it can come as a shock that they would actually have pond algae growing in the water or on the rocks, even when it’s […]
While many pond owners have found ways to overwinter fish in a pond all season long, others due to many factors may choose to bring their fish indoors during the winter. As to which one is best for you will depend on a lot of factors. The type and depth of the pond you have […]
If you’re planning on leaving your fish in a pond throughout the winter the video below will offer a few helpful tips that can make this an enjoyable time for you and a safe time for your fish. As a teaser, if you’d like to see a guy in a Hawaiian shirt standing out in […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Sure Teresa...I'm not aware of too many problems ...
- Teresa: Thanks Mark, I saw some netting that has a pop up ...
- Mark: Hi Teresa, Over the years I've changed my opinio...
- Teresa: I live in central Florida, Heron just took out my ...
- john challis: My 12' by 14' pond makes up a part of my yard th...
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 2 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 12 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/ovOpmS9lm6 12 months ago
- Test Post from Pond Algae Solutions Blog https://t.co/Nb7J0dEsJd https://t.co/INRcmKhNM7 12 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/JVSRLLDacv 12 months ago