Personally, if you ask me, I think one of the charms of a wild pond (even if it’s man-made) is the emergence of native grasses and plants that can come about just because you’ve created a sort of wetland area. And nothing seems more natural than cattails near a body of water. To an […]
We don’t hear as much about acid rain in the news any more. Certainly not like we used in to the 70’s or 80’s. Back then, new research was emerging that indicated that rainwater was becoming more acidic due to emissions of sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide. Most of these emissions come from the burning […]
There was a time when about the only way you were going to stop algae from taking over a pond is to add more of the plants that you actually liked in order to try to choke the unwanted stuff out. This isn’t such a bad way to go of course, after all it’s worked […]
Carol, a pond friend of ours, wrote into us recently and had a great question about heron decoys. Last fall, a Great Blue Heron came into her fish pond and may have taken out any number of fish. It was hard to tell just how many, but some were likely eaten, and while eventually they […]
We live in a complicated world. Go to most doctors and there’s a good chance he’s a specialist in something. I know general practitioners still exist but they sure aren’t as common as they used to be. As I found out recently, even the common car key, just isn’t so simple anymore. I still haven’t […]
I recently came across this post in a pond forum and wanted to share this with you…and while you’d think this would be a rare thing to happen in a fish pond, that’s not really the case. “Late last fall ,I allowed a distraction to cause me to effectively KILL all of my Goldfish ,I […]
One of the most common questions we get about algae of any kind, concerns green water and whether this very common problem is actually harmful to fish. It would make sense to say that this issue of clarity in any size of pond is really annoying to the pond’s owner. What may have once been […]
Pond plants are a wonderful addition to any pond and we’ve talked about all of the benefits of having them. However as fall approaches many folks wonder what to do with them. The video below will help a bit in this effort and maybe clarify a few things that will make your fall pond preparation […]
While many pond owners have found ways to overwinter fish in a pond all season long, others due to many factors may choose to bring their fish indoors during the winter. As to which one is best for you will depend on a lot of factors. The type and depth of the pond you have […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Chris: Thank you so much Mark. I will do that....
- Mark: Hi Chris....the one side effect you might see from...
- Chris: We just put in a pond 6 weeks ago. Like may others...
- Mark: Hi Marilyn, Initially to help improve clarity I w...
- Marilyn: my pond was built in the winter of 2015 and until ...
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 2 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/ovOpmS9lm6 2 months ago
- Test Post from Pond Algae Solutions Blog https://t.co/Nb7J0dEsJd https://t.co/INRcmKhNM7 2 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/JVSRLLDacv 2 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/rN5AuwXiTr 2 months ago