There are days I can probably sound like a broken record. If you’ve watched any of our videos or read through my articles here, you’ll no doubt remember that I have often said that pond aeration can help with algae problems. In fact, aeration is the first place we often look when we’re trying to […]
Can I use solar power to run my pond aerator? It’s a question that’s coming up more and more often. And I have to admit that I’d be asking the same question myself if I were in your shoes. Solar just makes a lot of sense when it comes to running something like pond aeration, […]
It always comes, and I hate it. It’s that first call of the season each spring or summer when the temps start to rise. It usually goes something like this. “Hi, I need some help here, my fish are coming to the surface of the water and appear to be gasping at the air. Some […]
I guess to most people, the act of pumping air into a pond doesn’t sound all that complicated. And in truth it’s not really, but there are a few basics that are good to know if you’re trying to get the best aeration system set up in your pond. I don’t usually get too hung […]
In the last week or so I’ve been going over some optional ways in which an aeration system can be installed in a large pond. By now you probably know of all the benefits of having an aerator in your pond. The devices do so much for a pond it’s almost unthinkable not to have […]
Every once in awhile I’ll get a pond owner who asks about aerating an oddly shaped pond. Most commonly, what this means is the pond may be quite a bit longer than it is wide. The shape really isn’t uniform but more oblong or extended. The pond might be a 1/4 acre to an acre in […]
Not every pond will need aeration, or adding air and circulation to the water, but every pond will benefit from it. There’s no question about that. If you look around online, or even at some local pet or hardware stores you’ll find a ton of different aerators for small ponds or water gardens. There are […]
Aerating your pond in the winter time is useful at keeping ice from forming at the surface. It’s crucial that fish get adequate oxygen from the atmosphere, even in colder weather, so keeping a spot of ice open is very useful. You can use a pond heater of course, but many people also like, and […]
Ponds, simply due to their structure of being a big depression in the ground, are catch-all’s for a lot of things. Unfortunately a lot of this accumulation is organic debris that will eventually break down into a messy muck or sludge. It’s been said that one of the pond owner’s main goals, if not THE […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- How To Set Up A Hydroponic Pond May 30, 2016
- Mark: Hi Barbara, I think this link will provide more h...
- Barbara Dietze: unable to download petition. please resend ASAP. ...
- Melina Nelson: If you've ever had a leaking dam or pond on your ...
- Leviticus Bennett: I only recently found out that fountains are used ...
- Danielle Moreau: I'm planning to put a koi pond in the yard next y...
- Hey, hey, hey....it's Earth Day 2017! We always honor this day with a way for you to save on all of our... https://t.co/miMN3ZZlib 3 days ago
- Winter Fire Sale - Man it got cold quick in Iowa! Just in case you aren't on our email list, I wanted to let you... https://t.co/PtddydTNN9 4 months ago
- Not a good day here:( https://t.co/i4TkNbFxm2 5 months ago
- Can't say we've seen this one before. https://t.co/kd5EDuFMeE 6 months ago
- This town is spending a lot of money to clean up an algae problem. But it really doesn't have to cost an arm and... https://t.co/v114vvJoEe 7 months ago