It’s impossible these days to go through an entire summer without hearing of some warning about a pond with algae in it. Often the title might say something like “Toxic Algae Found In Lake” or something similar. Just this week two new articles came out, one from Kansas, and one from Long Island New York, […]
Green water in a pond is one stubborn critter sometimes. It’s not really unusual to have this type of pond algae crop up and bloom once the days get a little warmer and sun shines a bit brighter in the spring or summer. And unfortunately for the small pond owner who’s plagued by it, […]
Over the years, the use of beneficial bacteria in ponds has helped to clear up, clean up, and restore a number of ponds, and in doing so, algae has been reduced too. This has been one of the positive “side effects” of treating a pond naturally or organically. Compared to even 10 years ago, the […]
One of the most common questions we get about algae of any kind, concerns green water and whether this very common problem is actually harmful to fish. It would make sense to say that this issue of clarity in any size of pond is really annoying to the pond’s owner. What may have once been […]
I have to admit, sunny days make me happier. But everything comes with a price they say, and sometimes the price you pay for ample sunlight is pond algae. In the case of green water, which is caused by numerous single cell algae, the sun can play a major role in it’s growth. After visiting […]
There’s no question that emerging technology over the last few decades as helped pond owners create better looking ponds. Unfortunately along with all of these advances comes the inevitable confusion of what’s best for a particular pond situation. Today I want to address two very useful tools in pond algae control, and cover their benefits […]
For many pond owners, there is an issue that can really frustrate the most diligent spirits. And why shouldn’t it. Afterall, cloudy water makes it hard to see your fish, or enjoy the clear and pristine water that we all dream of. As I tell folks time and time again, every pond is different and […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Read this closely. Nutrients feed algae of all kinds. And while algae isn't always destructive, when conditions a… https://t.co/FZcdaIK7eR 3 months ago
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 5 months ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 6 months ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 8 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 2 years ago