It’s amazing when you stop and think about it. How much your pond goes through. And your fish too. They have to deal with the hottest of summer extremes and every now and then, the coldest of bitter winters. It’s the second one I want to talk about today. Ice is not your friend, unless […]
I came across this article and video recently and wanted to share it with you all here. Ultimately it’s a happy story, of George the Goldfish. George is about 10 years old and is owned by a lady in Australia who became rather attached to her fish. Many of us can attest that she’s not […]
For the water garden or small pond owner, plants, meaning desirable plants can be a very good thing. They’re natural of course, and along with adding a natural appearance to a pond, they also do a lot of other good things. If you want to ward off algae, certain plants like lilies or hyacinths can […]
It was a long, cold winter for most of us last year. It seems like so long ago, but now that the deep chill is drifting in again from the north, my thoughts have gone back to the spring when we found countless fish and other wildlife floating around as casualties of the ice. Many […]
It’s likely that no one needs to be reminded of last winter. It was long, very cold, and very snowy in many parts of the upper U.S.. Based at least on recent memory, I can’t recall one that was as cold, for so long, in the upper Midwest. As I reported in the spring, many […]
This is have been an interesting story to follow. It seems that due to high levels of phosphorus and other nutrients, some toxic algae blooms are now affecting the drinking water of millions of people in Northwest Ohio. Over the years, we’ve talked about algae blooms that can affect drinking water and usually, ever once […]
Our Pond Biotix line of products has become a favorite go-to tool for many pond owners! For those that have been with us for some time, you might recall that we spent a lot of time and effort trying to come up with a really great, effective natural product for keeping ponds of all sizes […]
Over the years I’ve gotten a lot of questions on pond fountains and aeration in general. And I think a misconception of sorts came out of some of what I’ve written before. People got the idea that I didn’t like fountains. But that’s not really true. It is accurate to say that I don’t like […]
We talk a lot about pond aeration and why it’s so important for almost any size of pond. Normally in our discussions we focus mostly on sub-surface aeration, simply because it does so much for the entire pond. But it should be noted that there are many kinds of aerators for ponds and one of […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Nigel, Problem is that bacteria are microorgan...
- Nigel Pollitt: Hi there, this is all very interesting what you'v...
- Patrick Knott: Thanks Mark. Keep up the great work!! Your art...
- Chris: Thank you so much Mark. I will do that....
- Mark: Hi Chris....the one side effect you might see from...
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 4 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/ovOpmS9lm6 4 months ago
- Test Post from Pond Algae Solutions Blog https://t.co/Nb7J0dEsJd https://t.co/INRcmKhNM7 4 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/JVSRLLDacv 4 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/rN5AuwXiTr 4 months ago