What Do Birds Have To Do With Ponds? It may sound odd to include the topic of birds and bird feeders on a pond algae website but I would be remiss to not mention the subject of bird feeders as we near the holidays. You see a handful of years ago, my wife and I […]
For anyone who has read much of our material at Pond Algae Solutions, it’s widely known that we like to use and recommend pond plants to help balance out a pond. This is obviously one of the most natural and cost effective ways to keep algae from developing, and plants provide a number of other […]
There’s no question that emerging technology over the last few decades as helped pond owners create better looking ponds. Unfortunately along with all of these advances comes the inevitable confusion of what’s best for a particular pond situation. Today I want to address two very useful tools in pond algae control, and cover their benefits […]
For many pond owners, there is an issue that can really frustrate the most diligent spirits. And why shouldn’t it. Afterall, cloudy water makes it hard to see your fish, or enjoy the clear and pristine water that we all dream of. As I tell folks time and time again, every pond is different and […]
So how do I know what type of Healthy Pond product is right for my pond? This is a common question for anyone considering using a natural bacterial treatment or more specifically any pond owner who is either using or wanting to use the Healthy Ponds line of products. The first key to choosing the […]
I’ve never minded a bit of manual algae removal from my backyard pond. It sort of goes with the territory. If I keep having a problem with algae outbreaks I think I’ll get in touch with the current experts on the topic. I may have to go to China to do it though. If you’ve […]
In the midst of summer, it’s a common question. How much does sun exposure affect algae growth? And like most answers, the correct one might range from a little to a lot. Isn’t that always how it is? Every pond is different in how it responds to sun light and for some ponds sun light […]
It’s hot, it’s steamy, and no, it’s not a romance novel. It’s the summer weather in most of the country as we move into June and July. This is a perfect time to talk about a phenomenon that often occurs during this time of year and it’s not a pleasant development if you have fish. […]
When pond algae starts to prosper in your watergarden, most of us will try anything to get rid of it. We pull out our arsenal of algae fighting tools, get busy with the rakes, add whatever we have in the shed to the water, or start scanning the online world for solutions. In other words, […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 3 weeks ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 2 months ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 4 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 1 year ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/ovOpmS9lm6 1 year ago