We’ve talked about the Aquascape IonGen device before on this blog so I won’t go into great depth about how this system works and all that here. If you want to learn more about when to use a copper ion generator (and when not to) then please read this detailed evaluation here. In this short […]
A few months ago I wrote an article about when it makes sense to use pond dye. And in addition I talked about when pond dyes might not be all that helpful. So be sure to take a bit of time to read that when you can. It’s good stuff to know because in […]
Early this summer we had some decent rains in Iowa, and usually with that, you’ll see a pretty good crop of gnats and mosquitoes come along. And they did just that. You couldn’t go out in our backyard in the evening and not get bit by something or many things actually and so this seemed […]
There are pond owners that love or hate the stuff but the fact is, pond dye can be pretty useful from time to time. Years ago, about all one had to work with was a vibrant blue coloring that often made your natural pond look more like the colorful waters you see around a putt-putt […]
If you’re a long time reader of our Pond Blog here, you’ll likely notice that things a look a little different today. Yes, it’s true, we’ve done a little revamping here and wanted to improve a few things on the site with the hope that it will be easier for you to find the […]
Can I use solar power to run my pond aerator? It’s a question that’s coming up more and more often. And I have to admit that I’d be asking the same question myself if I were in your shoes. Solar just makes a lot of sense when it comes to running something like pond aeration, […]
For many years now, the Biosphere Pro natural pond treatment has been a mainstay for us in cleaning up ponds. They’re natural in terms of what they use to do the work, which is various forms of beneficial bacteria, and these are uniquely time released to provide a consistent infusion of good microbes into a […]
We don’t hear as much about acid rain in the news any more. Certainly not like we used in to the 70’s or 80’s. Back then, new research was emerging that indicated that rainwater was becoming more acidic due to emissions of sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide. Most of these emissions come from the burning […]
I guess to most people, the act of pumping air into a pond doesn’t sound all that complicated. And in truth it’s not really, but there are a few basics that are good to know if you’re trying to get the best aeration system set up in your pond. I don’t usually get too hung […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Read this closely. Nutrients feed algae of all kinds. And while algae isn't always destructive, when conditions a… https://t.co/FZcdaIK7eR 1 year ago
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 1 year ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 1 year ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 2 years ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 3 years ago