We all know the importance of maintaining good water practices. Most state environmental agencies are charged with the task of overseeing such things, but sometimes their zest for enforcement can lead to some unexpected, and humorous responses. Be sure to the take the time to read both the original state letter, and the dam fine […]
Each year, we celebrate Earth Day. April 22nd represents the special day when we’re reminded to care and respect this wonderful place we all call home. Make no mistake, it’s a very good thing…a good symbolic reminder of what’s important. But one day of respectful celebration won’t do all that much in practical fact. What […]
Last week a sad tale hit the newswire with details surrounding the death of an 80 year old Wisconsin Rapids man. He had gone out to clean some algae from a pond on his property, and when he hadn’t returned that evening his wife became concerned and went looking for him, and found him face […]
After years of being in the pond business, it could be said that we’ve sold A LOT of pond aeration systems. From small backyard koi pond aerators to mulit-acre lake packages, and just about everything in between. In that time, we’ve learned, and observed, what it takes to keep these systems up and running for […]
If you’re researching large pond aerators, more often than not, you end up with a lot of questions. I get them all the time. What is an aerator actually going to do for my pond? How does it work? How do I get the right size system for my pond? What’s installation like, can I […]
Sometimes I find myself questioning if certain topics are worth talking about. Standing on thin ice would be one of those but in truth, it’s a very important thing to talk about. The proof in this is the various news reports you see every winter, where people, pets, or even wildlife end up falling through […]
No matter what kind of algae you may be seeing in your pond, and no matter how large or small your pond may be, I have a powerful tool that will help you right now. About a month or so ago, I released an all new program called Pond Algae Solutions (catchy name huh?:) to […]
“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make – Dr. Jane Goodall. Hi Pond Friends… Well just in case you missed it, Earth Day 2014 has come and gone. Every April 22nd folks will celebrate the earth and be reminded of the need to […]
By now, many people know the value and benefits they’ll get when they install a pond aeration system in their pond. If you’re still in the dark on this critical tool for pond health, you can learn more about it here, and here. Beyond knowing how good it can be for a pond and fish, […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Read this closely. Nutrients feed algae of all kinds. And while algae isn't always destructive, when conditions a… https://t.co/FZcdaIK7eR 1 year ago
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 1 year ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 1 year ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 2 years ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 2 years ago