There’s no question about it. A pond is not a static creature by any means. When you have fish and plants, the pond literally comes noticeably alive. These notable critters, and even many that you can’t see create a dynamic in a pond that’s ever changing. We’ve had an odd summer here in Iowa with […]
I wanted to share a part of an email I received from a pond owner recently. He passed along some suggestions he received from an extension service in his area. Many of you probably know that overall I’m very fond of and highly recommend the use of your local extension since they often are a […]
Green water problems are just another form of algae that can plague many ponds. Our approach to dealing with green water is much like it is with any other form of pond algae. If you can limit the things that help it grow, that’s a great start. In the video below we’ll address a couple […]
Over the years we’ve talked to a lot of pond owners and one of the keys to passing on a good “diagnosis” and treatment is to figure out just what the pond owner is seeing in their pond. To put it simply, it’s of basic importance to identify what your problem is, so you can […]
For quite some time now, those of us at Pond Algae Solutions have believed that there were often better alternatives to using chemical algaecides for treating pond algae problems. From the looks of things, others are starting to embrace that philosophy too, such as the city of Naples Florida. In the fall of 2008, Naples […]
In recent weeks we’ve talked a lot about pond filters and how they can be very important to helping keep a pond clean, clear, and free of algae. There is no question that one of the best types of filters for this task is the biological filter, which uses beneficial bacteria to break down and […]
In our last article we began our discussion on pond filtration by discussing UV light as a way to deal with some types of pond algae problems. It was also noted that ultraviolet light, as useful as it is, is not a cure-all for algae. With that in mind, this is probably a good time […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Nigel, Problem is that bacteria are microorgan...
- Nigel Pollitt: Hi there, this is all very interesting what you'v...
- Patrick Knott: Thanks Mark. Keep up the great work!! Your art...
- Chris: Thank you so much Mark. I will do that....
- Mark: Hi Chris....the one side effect you might see from...
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 9 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/ovOpmS9lm6 9 months ago
- Test Post from Pond Algae Solutions Blog https://t.co/Nb7J0dEsJd https://t.co/INRcmKhNM7 9 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/JVSRLLDacv 9 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/rN5AuwXiTr 9 months ago