For pond owners who love to work with Koi, this is important information that you need to be aware of. Here’s some background on what’s going on and what you can do to protect your access to a variety of high quality Koi. Injurious Species List The Center for Invasive Species Prevention (CISP) has petitioned […]
Hydroponics…it’s a word you might hear from time to time, particularly when you’re buying a vegetable at the store. I remember the first time I came across a hydroponic tomato…I had no idea what it was. Then there were cucumbers, lettuces, and other plants, all coming from hydroponic operations, so of course it peaked my […]
For the water garden or small pond owner, plants, meaning desirable plants can be a very good thing. They’re natural of course, and along with adding a natural appearance to a pond, they also do a lot of other good things. If you want to ward off algae, certain plants like lilies or hyacinths can […]
Here’s another good question from the old Pond Q&A mailbag and I think it can be applied to just about any size of pond, even though in this particular case the question was about a 3 acre pond. The gentleman described his situation as having some reasonably heavy string algae around the perimeter of the […]
Whenever we talk about pond algae and pond algae control, there are a few things we almost always focus on. One of those things is nutrients that feed the plant growth. Of course, these same nutrients feed other plants too, but by and large, it’s the free-floating plants that get the most of it. This […]
Green water in a pond is one stubborn critter sometimes. It’s not really unusual to have this type of pond algae crop up and bloom once the days get a little warmer and sun shines a bit brighter in the spring or summer. And unfortunately for the small pond owner who’s plagued by it, […]
There was a time when about the only way you were going to stop algae from taking over a pond is to add more of the plants that you actually liked in order to try to choke the unwanted stuff out. This isn’t such a bad way to go of course, after all it’s worked […]
If you’ve visited our website recently you may have noticed a change in our small pond aerators. With this in mind I wanted to bring you up to speed on this and why we made the changes. The fact is we are always on the lookout for better performing products and processes and with regards to […]
Not every pond will need aeration, or adding air and circulation to the water, but every pond will benefit from it. There’s no question about that. If you look around online, or even at some local pet or hardware stores you’ll find a ton of different aerators for small ponds or water gardens. There are […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Read this closely. Nutrients feed algae of all kinds. And while algae isn't always destructive, when conditions a… https://t.co/FZcdaIK7eR 4 months ago
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 5 months ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 7 months ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 9 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 2 years ago