Chlorine and Chloramines are simply not something you want in your fish pond. Yet they are found in virtually every municipal water source. So, if you have a fish pond, and live in a city with a muni water supply, be sure to check with your city water department to find out what they are […]
A few pond owners have contacted me recently with some very good questions on how to aerate a larger pond that’s pretty shallow. Should they do it in the winter and if so, how? To be more specific, we’re talking about ponds in the 1/8 to 1/2 an acre in surface area and something in […]
There’s no doubt that in the coming year you’ll see more and more companies in the pond care realm offering up a device called a pond or water ionizer. They sound like a really good idea. Set the dial or push a button on a control panel and the system will release a dose of […]
If you spend any time outside at all, you’ve likely found yourself on the receiving end of a bite or two from the ever-nagging mosquito. Quite frankly for most of my life, all I ever worried about was easing the itch from getting bitten. The problem is this “after the fact” approach isn’t such a […]
Look around a bit and you’ll find a variety of pond vacuums on the market today. Most of these are used by small pond owners and they can do a good job of helping keep a pond cleaner. Since much of our focus on this site is about algae control, the question often comes up, […]
Nearly everyone agrees on certain things. The world is round for instance…I’m thinking we can all agree on that. But bring up the topic of pond aeration and things get a little shaky. It’s not the fact that it’s good for a pond and for fish…no debate there. What folks may disagree on is what’s […]
Last week’s pond start up tips and checklist generated a few additional questions from readers and more than anything else, people asked about the use of pond salt in a water garden pond. To clear up some misconceptions about the use of salt in ponds I’ll cover the topic in this week’s pond tip video. […]
In the video below I’ll talk about some of the most common and helpful tools that I’ve found that make fall and winter pond preparation a bit easier. These are simple and inexpensive things that anyone can use to keep their pond cleaner and in better condition as the leaves and snow start to fall. […]
In recent weeks we’ve talked a lot about the use of ultrasound for pond algae control. It’s showing tremendous promise in a number of installations and more and more pond owners are asking about it. In the video below, I’ve compiled some of the most frequent questions we get about the device and provided some […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- How To Set Up A Hydroponic Pond May 30, 2016
- Mark: Hi Barbara, I think this link will provide more h...
- Barbara Dietze: unable to download petition. please resend ASAP. ...
- Melina Nelson: If you've ever had a leaking dam or pond on your ...
- Leviticus Bennett: I only recently found out that fountains are used ...
- Danielle Moreau: I'm planning to put a koi pond in the yard next y...
- Hey, hey, hey....it's Earth Day 2017! We always honor this day with a way for you to save on all of our... https://t.co/miMN3ZZlib 3 days ago
- Winter Fire Sale - Man it got cold quick in Iowa! Just in case you aren't on our email list, I wanted to let you... https://t.co/PtddydTNN9 4 months ago
- Not a good day here:( https://t.co/i4TkNbFxm2 5 months ago
- Can't say we've seen this one before. https://t.co/kd5EDuFMeE 6 months ago
- This town is spending a lot of money to clean up an algae problem. But it really doesn't have to cost an arm and... https://t.co/v114vvJoEe 7 months ago