This amazing video shows a side of our ponds that we would rarely see, at least without the aid of a microscope. In truth, ponds are home to more than just fish, snails, turtles and the like. Much smaller and more inconspicuous are the many tiny animals that make up an aquatic kingdom. You’ll see […]
One question I get asked a lot in the fall of every year is, “should I continue to use beneficial bacteria in my pond even though it’s getting cold?” It’s a great question and one that I’ll cover in the video below as well as the short article a bit farther down the page. There’s […]
Wow, what a heat wave. It started as a relatively mild spring but in the last week much of the U.S. has felt the heat of summer early. In Iowa we had three straight days in the mid-nineties and now the east coast is getting the same. As pond owners, we deal with a lot […]
Water lilies have become one of the most popular pond plants for small pond owners and for good reason. They’re beautiful and functional in the sense that they provide shade for ponds that get a lot of sun (and we know how that can help with green water algae right?) and provide protection for your […]
Pond plants are a wonderful addition to any pond and we’ve talked about all of the benefits of having them. However as fall approaches many folks wonder what to do with them. The video below will help a bit in this effort and maybe clarify a few things that will make your fall pond preparation […]
One of our loyal readers kindly reminded me that I failed to mention anything about pond plants as we get into fall and winter. My apologies!!! Keep in mind though that in most cases throughout the summer, my main mission is to keep a particular plant out of the picture…but we’re not talking about pond […]
While many pond owners have found ways to overwinter fish in a pond all season long, others due to many factors may choose to bring their fish indoors during the winter. As to which one is best for you will depend on a lot of factors. The type and depth of the pond you have […]
If you’re planning on leaving your fish in a pond throughout the winter the video below will offer a few helpful tips that can make this an enjoyable time for you and a safe time for your fish. As a teaser, if you’d like to see a guy in a Hawaiian shirt standing out in […]
It may seem a bit early to say this for some folks around the country but summer is coming to a close. Where did it go?!? I’ll be right up front. I enjoy summertime. Yes we’re kept incredibly busy and it gets to be crazy around here sometimes, but I’m not sure I would have […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Nigel, Problem is that bacteria are microorgan...
- Nigel Pollitt: Hi there, this is all very interesting what you'v...
- Patrick Knott: Thanks Mark. Keep up the great work!! Your art...
- Chris: Thank you so much Mark. I will do that....
- Mark: Hi Chris....the one side effect you might see from...
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 10 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/ovOpmS9lm6 10 months ago
- Test Post from Pond Algae Solutions Blog https://t.co/Nb7J0dEsJd https://t.co/INRcmKhNM7 10 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/JVSRLLDacv 10 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/rN5AuwXiTr 10 months ago