For the water garden or small pond owner, plants, meaning desirable plants can be a very good thing. They’re natural of course, and along with adding a natural appearance to a pond, they also do a lot of other good things. If you want to ward off algae, certain plants like lilies or hyacinths can […]
There’s a question I get at this time of year which comes up often enough for me to want to address it here. And that is, “What should I treat duckweed, or other pond weeds with as we come into late summer and fall?” It’s a reasonable question and one that deserves an honest and […]
I have to admit, sunny days make me happier. But everything comes with a price they say, and sometimes the price you pay for ample sunlight is pond algae. In the case of green water, which is caused by numerous single cell algae, the sun can play a major role in it’s growth. After visiting […]
Water lilies have become one of the most popular pond plants for small pond owners and for good reason. They’re beautiful and functional in the sense that they provide shade for ponds that get a lot of sun (and we know how that can help with green water algae right?) and provide protection for your […]
Pond plants are a wonderful addition to any pond and we’ve talked about all of the benefits of having them. However as fall approaches many folks wonder what to do with them. The video below will help a bit in this effort and maybe clarify a few things that will make your fall pond preparation […]
One of our loyal readers kindly reminded me that I failed to mention anything about pond plants as we get into fall and winter. My apologies!!! Keep in mind though that in most cases throughout the summer, my main mission is to keep a particular plant out of the picture…but we’re not talking about pond […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Read this closely. Nutrients feed algae of all kinds. And while algae isn't always destructive, when conditions a… https://t.co/FZcdaIK7eR 6 months ago
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 7 months ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 8 months ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 10 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 2 years ago