In an ongoing effort to help people with green water and pond algae problems, it would be a mistake to not include the influence of fish in the equation. In smaller ponds fish probably have more of an impact, both positive and potentially negative than anything else. On the positive side, few things can bring […]
Green water problems are just another form of algae that can plague many ponds. Our approach to dealing with green water is much like it is with any other form of pond algae. If you can limit the things that help it grow, that’s a great start. In the video below we’ll address a couple […]
If you’ve read much about pond algae control lately, you’ve probably come across some new information about the use of ultrasound or ultrasonic sound waves being used to control pond algae. We’ve worked with ultrasound for several years now and found it to be highly effective on some types of algae. New and very recent […]
Over the years we’ve talked to a lot of pond owners and one of the keys to passing on a good “diagnosis” and treatment is to figure out just what the pond owner is seeing in their pond. To put it simply, it’s of basic importance to identify what your problem is, so you can […]
A few years ago a book called The Secret hit the shelves and everyone was talking about it. If you haven’t read or heard about it, it involves something called the law of attraction. Or simply, you attract what you think about. Now, I know what your probably thinking…he’s going to tell me to think […]
For five years now pond owners have been learning from a report we put together to help simplify the battle with pond algae. I’m happy to announce that we’ve now put this updated report into a downloadable pdf format so you can save it to your own computer, print it out, share it with friends […]
What you’re looking at in the picture above is algae (of all things) being converted into fuel and at the same time, this process is also using carbon emissions (which are bad for the environment) that help speed up the growth of the algae. The process, as well as the concept is truly amazing. The […]
In the midst of summer, it’s a common question. How much does sun exposure affect algae growth? And like most answers, the correct one might range from a little to a lot. Isn’t that always how it is? Every pond is different in how it responds to sun light and for some ponds sun light […]
When pond algae starts to prosper in your watergarden, most of us will try anything to get rid of it. We pull out our arsenal of algae fighting tools, get busy with the rakes, add whatever we have in the shed to the water, or start scanning the online world for solutions. In other words, […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Read this closely. Nutrients feed algae of all kinds. And while algae isn't always destructive, when conditions a… https://t.co/FZcdaIK7eR 1 year ago
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 1 year ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 1 year ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 2 years ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 2 years ago