Green water, or single cell algae that freely floats around in a pond, can be a real nightmare for the pond owners. Usually this stuff isn’t dangerous for fish but it sure can make a pond look ugly. We all want clean and clear water in our ponds but sometimes this isn’t always as easy […]
A question came in recently that I think is a good one. A pond owner asked, “are fish self regulating in a small pond?”. Meaning will they quit growing at a certain point or stop breeding so as not to overwhelm the pond with fish? The best answer I can give is no…and yes. Watch […]
For those of you who where not able to attend the Anti-Algae Seminar on Tuesday evening, I’ve included the recording below. The download link for this MP3 audio file is below the player. Simply right click your mouse and select “save as” or “save file as” from the drop down menu and your download should […]
To our readers and pond owners everywhere who are dealing with pond algae problems this is just a quick note to let you know that we’ve just uploaded two new pond algae control articles to our website. Pond Algae Control Tips Algae Control In Ponds And Water Gardens Both of these expose’s outline some of […]
As the year comes to a close, it’s interesting to look back at 2009 and consider some of the breakthroughs that have happened this year in regards to pond algae control. Most notably ultrasound technology gained ground in pond treatments as well as a growth in interest for industrial applications. A few years ago when […]
One of the most useful tools for dealing with a number of pond water quality and unwanted plant growth problems is beneficial bacteria. We talk about it a lot on this site and have long been amazed at what it can do for the overall health of a pond. We get emails quite often on […]
There’s no question about it. A pond is not a static creature by any means. When you have fish and plants, the pond literally comes noticeably alive. These notable critters, and even many that you can’t see create a dynamic in a pond that’s ever changing. We’ve had an odd summer here in Iowa with […]
I wanted to share a part of an email I received from a pond owner recently. He passed along some suggestions he received from an extension service in his area. Many of you probably know that overall I’m very fond of and highly recommend the use of your local extension since they often are a […]
In recent weeks we’ve talked a lot about the use of ultrasound for pond algae control. It’s showing tremendous promise in a number of installations and more and more pond owners are asking about it. In the video below, I’ve compiled some of the most frequent questions we get about the device and provided some […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Read this closely. Nutrients feed algae of all kinds. And while algae isn't always destructive, when conditions a… https://t.co/FZcdaIK7eR 1 year ago
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 1 year ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 1 year ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 2 years ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 2 years ago