You might recall a recent article where I talked about pond weeds and algae, and that when you deal with weeds, it’s important to identify what you have so that you can treat it effectively. Different weeds require different treatments in some cases. But what about algae? Does this work the same way? Well, kind […]
In large ponds there are times when if it weren’t for bad luck, you’d have no luck at all. What I mean is that while pond weeds or pond algae aren’t all that uncommon during the summer, it’s bad enough if you have one of them, let alone both, or in the case of aquatic […]
Green water algae, which, as we’ve described before, is made up of millions of single cell algae that freely floats around in a pond, can be very difficult to get rid of once it develops out. This is not new news for many pond owners that are plagued by it. Here’s the normal course of […]
How to kill pond algae naturally is a valid question, because most people usually associate the use of chemicals, namely algaecides, with killing algae. It’s our basic nature to want to simply kill something, get rid of it, and go on without more trouble. The only problem is, this approach doesn’t always work that well […]
For the last 5 or 6 years we’ve had the pleasure of seeing a number of new technologies come along that have helped in the battle with pond and industrial algae. Few have garnered more attention than ultrasound. After all, it’s high tech, easy to install in most situations, and when it works, it does […]
I don’t think it will come as any great surprise to those of you reading this, but the truth is, most people wait until pond algae is well underway before they do anything about it. I’m not being critical, I’m just sharing an observation. And I understand. First of all, algae can grow quickly when […]
Greetings everyone! We’re breaking out winter hibernation here and while it is already March, we’ve remained busy throughout the late winter season. It was such a mild winter through most of the U.S. that in some places algae never really went away, or wasn’t missing for long. In other words, the graphic below sort of […]
There is a common misconception that many pond owners help perpetuate, and that’s simply that pond aeration can stop algae growth. This statement, indirectly, has some truth to it, but generally speaking simply getting an aerator in your pond may or may not help with algae problems. One can’t blame a happy pond owner when […]
Over the years, the use of beneficial bacteria in ponds has helped to clear up, clean up, and restore a number of ponds, and in doing so, algae has been reduced too. This has been one of the positive “side effects” of treating a pond naturally or organically. Compared to even 10 years ago, the […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Read this closely. Nutrients feed algae of all kinds. And while algae isn't always destructive, when conditions a… https://t.co/FZcdaIK7eR 1 year ago
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 1 year ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 1 year ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 2 years ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 2 years ago