Pond algae is just one of those things that most people want to get rid of. If you’ve had it show up you probably know what I mean. First there’s the shock of a once pretty pond turning into a green and slimy mess. Maybe it will even smell bad which leads to even more […]
It’s impossible these days to go through an entire summer without hearing of some warning about a pond with algae in it. Often the title might say something like “Toxic Algae Found In Lake” or something similar. Just this week two new articles came out, one from Kansas, and one from Long Island New York, […]
Here’s another good question from the old Pond Q&A mailbag and I think it can be applied to just about any size of pond, even though in this particular case the question was about a 3 acre pond. The gentleman described his situation as having some reasonably heavy string algae around the perimeter of the […]
Green water in a pond is one stubborn critter sometimes. It’s not really unusual to have this type of pond algae crop up and bloom once the days get a little warmer and sun shines a bit brighter in the spring or summer. And unfortunately for the small pond owner who’s plagued by it, […]
As the years go by, more and more pond owners are hearing about the use of ultrasonic algae control devices and how they might help one’s pond look better. More retailers are certainly offering the systems now and with that, there’s been an increase in mis-information and one might say the promise that ultrasound is […]
Let’s talk for a minute about pond algaecides. You know, the stuff that kills algae outright and all that good stuff. Hopefully your jaw isn’t hitting the floor, because yes, while I don’t like them, nor do I care to use them, algaecides may be needed now and then and because of that, I thought […]
In my continuing effort to share some common questions that we get here at Pond Algae Control Central I wanted to address a few surrounding Green Clean algaecide. Way back in 2004 or 2005 I became aware of, what at that time, was a revolutionary non-copper based algaecide that could be used to topically treat […]
Compared to how common algae blooms are across the country in the summer months, you don’t hear about the potential hazards of algae all that much. But a recent article in Beef Magazine caught my eye because it involved the death of four cows that were killed from contact or most likely ingestion with a […]
For some reason, there are times when a pond has green water and anything you try to clear it simply doesn’t seem to work. Such was the case with a frustrated small pond owner who corresponded with me over the last few months. Marge is a pond friend who’s kept in close touch as she […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- How To Set Up A Hydroponic Pond May 30, 2016
- Mark: Hi Barbara, I think this link will provide more h...
- Barbara Dietze: unable to download petition. please resend ASAP. ...
- Melina Nelson: If you've ever had a leaking dam or pond on your ...
- Leviticus Bennett: I only recently found out that fountains are used ...
- Danielle Moreau: I'm planning to put a koi pond in the yard next y...
- Hey, hey, hey....it's Earth Day 2017! We always honor this day with a way for you to save on all of our... https://t.co/miMN3ZZlib 3 days ago
- Winter Fire Sale - Man it got cold quick in Iowa! Just in case you aren't on our email list, I wanted to let you... https://t.co/PtddydTNN9 4 months ago
- Not a good day here:( https://t.co/i4TkNbFxm2 5 months ago
- Can't say we've seen this one before. https://t.co/kd5EDuFMeE 6 months ago
- This town is spending a lot of money to clean up an algae problem. But it really doesn't have to cost an arm and... https://t.co/v114vvJoEe 7 months ago