Personally, if you ask me, I think one of the charms of a wild pond (even if it’s man-made) is the emergence of native grasses and plants that can come about just because you’ve created a sort of wetland area. And nothing seems more natural than cattails near a body of water. To an […]
Really the title of this article says it all. In the heat of summer, plant life in a pond will grow abundantly. This can be good or bad, but in the case of duckweed, I have to admit that most people don’t really like it in their big ponds. Like it or not, that’s […]
As many of you know, green water is a common issue in tons of small fish ponds. And one of the best ways I have always suggested to deal with it is with a combination of beneficial pond bacteria and desirable plants. But there’s a problem with this advice, at least where a Koi pond […]
Aquatic weed control in ponds is one area where it’s been difficult to eliminate the need for chemical usage. Unlike algae, which can often be affected by reducing nutrients in the water, weeds usually take root at the bottom of the pond and pull nutrients from the ground. This leaves us with an option to […]
One of the most often suggested steps to dealing with water quality issues and algae problems in a pond is to install desirable plants like lilies and lotus or a variety of other green goodies. Many natural pond managers will use plants as the mainstay to controlling algae, and while it may take a lot […]
It may come as a shock to some but pond algae isn’t the only plant that can take over a pond and make life miserable for the frustrated pond owner. Of the free-floating plants that show up a lot in the summer, duckweed has to be near the top of the list. This particular growth […]
Over the years we’ve talked to a lot of pond owners and one of the keys to passing on a good “diagnosis” and treatment is to figure out just what the pond owner is seeing in their pond. To put it simply, it’s of basic importance to identify what your problem is, so you can […]
For anyone who has read much of our material at Pond Algae Solutions, it’s widely known that we like to use and recommend pond plants to help balance out a pond. This is obviously one of the most natural and cost effective ways to keep algae from developing, and plants provide a number of other […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- How To Set Up A Hydroponic Pond May 30, 2016
- Mark: Hi Barbara, I think this link will provide more h...
- Barbara Dietze: unable to download petition. please resend ASAP. ...
- Melina Nelson: If you've ever had a leaking dam or pond on your ...
- Leviticus Bennett: I only recently found out that fountains are used ...
- Danielle Moreau: I'm planning to put a koi pond in the yard next y...
- Hey, hey, hey....it's Earth Day 2017! We always honor this day with a way for you to save on all of our... https://t.co/miMN3ZZlib 3 days ago
- Winter Fire Sale - Man it got cold quick in Iowa! Just in case you aren't on our email list, I wanted to let you... https://t.co/PtddydTNN9 4 months ago
- Not a good day here:( https://t.co/i4TkNbFxm2 5 months ago
- Can't say we've seen this one before. https://t.co/kd5EDuFMeE 6 months ago
- This town is spending a lot of money to clean up an algae problem. But it really doesn't have to cost an arm and... https://t.co/v114vvJoEe 7 months ago