We’ve been getting a lot of questions about using our PondBiotix line of pond bacteria. As you might know the baseline product for small ponds is a concentrated liquid bacteria which is particular good at nitrite and nitrate reduction and we consider this good for pond wide cleaning. However customers have been asking about the […]
Now I know that most of our discussions hear revolve around ponds and pond algae. But I don’t want you to think that I’m obsessed with it. Well OK, maybe I am obsessed with algae, but I have other interests too! Seriously though, things have slowed down a bit in the realm of pond algae […]
Last weekend the weather here in Iowa was quite nice. I really enjoy taking my old dog on a long walk around a local nature preserve and recreational area. Normally we have a pretty good time. On this particular day I noticed something that was a bit out of the ordinary for this place. There’s […]
Watch the short video below where I cover one of the simplest but most useful pond care tools to use during the fall, winter, and spring. It’s such a simple thing, but a pond thermometer will help you keep tabs on where your pond stands as the weather get’s colder. Actually it’s good any time […]
One of the most common problems we hear about when pond owners call in during the summer months has to do with water clarity. Green or murky and cloudy water tend to show up as the pond warms up and the degree of coloration can vary from a light tinting to a full blown green […]
It’s a fact that every single pond will benefit from increased aeration and oxygenation. Some ponds, however, have certain characteristics that can limit just how useful aeration can be, and the major consideration is the depth of the pond. Simply put, the general rule of thumb is the deeper the better. Depths of 10 feet […]
If I had to summarize the topic this week it would simply be that “chlorine kills fish”. Not a happy topic to be sure but it’s a reality that sometimes mistakes happen. If you have a fish pond you’re likely well aware that municipal tap water is not ideally suited to fish health. Most tap […]
One of the greatest challenges for a large pond owner is choosing how you’re going to deal with the inevitable build up of organic material in the pond. Things like leaves, grass clippings, dead algae and more will eventually accumulate at the bottom of the pond. This pond muck is very rich in nutrients and […]
There has always been a problem for large pond owners that either choose to, or have to use chemical herbicides or algaecides to keep their pond looking good. Without question there are better ways to clean a pond up from a variety of unwanted issues and beneficial pond bacteria is our top choice for this […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Nigel, Problem is that bacteria are microorgan...
- Nigel Pollitt: Hi there, this is all very interesting what you'v...
- Patrick Knott: Thanks Mark. Keep up the great work!! Your art...
- Chris: Thank you so much Mark. I will do that....
- Mark: Hi Chris....the one side effect you might see from...
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 8 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/ovOpmS9lm6 8 months ago
- Test Post from Pond Algae Solutions Blog https://t.co/Nb7J0dEsJd https://t.co/INRcmKhNM7 8 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/JVSRLLDacv 8 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/rN5AuwXiTr 8 months ago