If you have duckweed or other floating weeds blooming in your pond right now, this post is for you. It can be a frustrating and miserable feeling to see your once pristine pond getting quickly covered with some kind of floating gunk that ends up covering the entire surface. What you’re looking at could be […]
Want a quick, clean, and easy way to add dye to your pond? Up to now most often we’ve had to use concentrated liquids for this task, but thanks to Easy Pro we now have an alternative. I’ve come to like powdered dyes because they still concentrated but much easier, and cleaner to work with […]
Our Pond Biotix line of products has become a favorite go-to tool for many pond owners! For those that have been with us for some time, you might recall that we spent a lot of time and effort trying to come up with a really great, effective natural product for keeping ponds of all sizes […]
We talk a lot about pond aeration and why it’s so important for almost any size of pond. Normally in our discussions we focus mostly on sub-surface aeration, simply because it does so much for the entire pond. But it should be noted that there are many kinds of aerators for ponds and one of […]
There was a time, not all that long ago, when it was kind of challenging to aerate a pretty shallow body of water. By shallow I mean something around 6′ or less in depth. While it’s true, a lot of folks used surface fountains and bubblers, and they work pretty well, they do have their […]
I think I’ve mentioned this before, but we’re always on the lookout for better products for both small and large ponds. There’s no two ways about it, things are always changing and in many cases these adaptions lead to improvements. And in the world of small pond aerators, the Aquascape PRO 60 aerator is no […]
There was a time when about the only way you were going to stop algae from taking over a pond is to add more of the plants that you actually liked in order to try to choke the unwanted stuff out. This isn’t such a bad way to go of course, after all it’s worked […]
As a small business owner I can tell you point blank, that we would be nothing without our customers. And thankfully we have a lot of very loyal, regular customers who use our products in their ponds. With this in mind, over the last year or so, we’ve upgraded our online shopping cart system and […]
A few weeks ago I talked about the history and research behind the use of barley straw for stopping pond algae growth. In truth, many people ask about barley, and a number of other folks claim to use it regularly in their ponds to help keep them clearer. There’s no doubt that for some situations […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Read this closely. Nutrients feed algae of all kinds. And while algae isn't always destructive, when conditions a… https://t.co/FZcdaIK7eR 1 year ago
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 1 year ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 2 years ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 2 years ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 3 years ago