Can I use solar power to run my pond aerator? It’s a question that’s coming up more and more often. And I have to admit that I’d be asking the same question myself if I were in your shoes. Solar just makes a lot of sense when it comes to running something like pond aeration, […]
In the last week or so I’ve been going over some optional ways in which an aeration system can be installed in a large pond. By now you probably know of all the benefits of having an aerator in your pond. The devices do so much for a pond it’s almost unthinkable not to have […]
Every once in awhile I’ll get a pond owner who asks about aerating an oddly shaped pond. Most commonly, what this means is the pond may be quite a bit longer than it is wide. The shape really isn’t uniform but more oblong or extended. The pond might be a 1/4 acre to an acre in […]
Winter ponds and ice just go together. At least that’s what you expect when things get really cold. If you like ice skating it’s arrival is probably welcome. But ice can cause a lot of problems too. We know that when some ponds get covered with ice for extended periods of time, a lot of […]
This was a tough week for a fellow in Hendersonville North Carolina. Clyde Halbert had spent years building up his fish stock and estimated he’d invested nearly $40,000 in purchasing catfish for his pond. Halbert operates a business where folks can come in and fish for trophy sized catfish. They pay him a small fee, […]
After six or seven years of using ultrasound technology in ponds, we’ve discovered several things that can improve performance. These simple steps have literally made the difference between success and failure in terms of algae control. Watch the video below to learn more. Ultrasound works to control algae by creating a targeted, resonating […]
Pond aeration for large ponds and using aerial mapping services to get the best coverage
This brief article is an important one and should be read by anyone who’s putting a pond aerator into a large pond during the summer season. It’s in response to a fellow who called about a problem of losing fish after putting an aerator in his pond during some extremely hot weather. This is an […]
There are a few things we know for sure. Hot weather is brutal on ponds and fish, and we’ve had a lot of that kind of weather lately. Just this week, MSN of all places profiled this news article on the homepage. And, other than watching your fish gasp at the surface of the water […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Mark: No sorry, we haven't worked with, or tested Nualg...
- Ben: Tags Hello PAS. Our condo assn pond aerato...
- Geoff: is it possible to obtain Nualgi here? It sounds li...
- Mark: Sure Teresa...I'm not aware of too many problems ...
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 2 days ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 2 months ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 1 year ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/ovOpmS9lm6 1 year ago
- Test Post from Pond Algae Solutions Blog https://t.co/Nb7J0dEsJd https://t.co/INRcmKhNM7 1 year ago