For pond owners who love to work with Koi, this is important information that you need to be aware of. Here’s some background on what’s going on and what you can do to protect your access to a variety of high quality Koi. Injurious Species List The Center for Invasive Species Prevention (CISP) has petitioned […]
It’s amazing when you stop and think about it. How much your pond goes through. And your fish too. They have to deal with the hottest of summer extremes and every now and then, the coldest of bitter winters. It’s the second one I want to talk about today. Ice is not your friend, unless […]
I came across this article and video recently and wanted to share it with you all here. Ultimately it’s a happy story, of George the Goldfish. George is about 10 years old and is owned by a lady in Australia who became rather attached to her fish. Many of us can attest that she’s not […]
It was a long, cold winter for most of us last year. It seems like so long ago, but now that the deep chill is drifting in again from the north, my thoughts have gone back to the spring when we found countless fish and other wildlife floating around as casualties of the ice. Many […]
It’s likely that no one needs to be reminded of last winter. It was long, very cold, and very snowy in many parts of the upper U.S.. Based at least on recent memory, I can’t recall one that was as cold, for so long, in the upper Midwest. As I reported in the spring, many […]
I have to admit I’ve never dreamed of the day when the two topics in the title would ever go together. Prozac and fish. But alas that day has come. This has to be one of the strangest articles on fish I’ve ever come across, but maybe it’s not all that strange when you think […]
Unless you happen to like temperatures way below zero, or blizzard conditions, you’ll probably agree that this past winter has been one to hate. It was tough on everyone, and everything, including fish. There have been numerous reports throughout our area, and most of the northern U.S. about fish kills and large die-offs in ponds. […]
For pond owners, there’s not much of anything that’s more exciting than bringing a new fish home and adding it to your pond or water garden. In all the excitement, one thing that some folks do that’s really a bit of a risk it to just put their new friend right in the pond with […]
It always comes, and I hate it. It’s that first call of the season each spring or summer when the temps start to rise. It usually goes something like this. “Hi, I need some help here, my fish are coming to the surface of the water and appear to be gasping at the air. Some […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Marilyn, Initially to help improve clarity I w...
- Marilyn: my pond was built in the winter of 2015 and until ...
- Mark: Hi Rich, Personally I don't think so. I mean you...
- Rich: I have a question, I have an aeration system and I...
- Mark: Hi Barbara, I think this link will provide more h...
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 3 weeks ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/ovOpmS9lm6 3 weeks ago
- Test Post from Pond Algae Solutions Blog https://t.co/Nb7J0dEsJd https://t.co/INRcmKhNM7 3 weeks ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/JVSRLLDacv 3 weeks ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/rN5AuwXiTr 3 weeks ago