We all know the importance of maintaining good water practices. Most state environmental agencies are charged with the task of overseeing such things, but sometimes their zest for enforcement can lead to some unexpected, and humorous responses. Be sure to the take the time to read both the original state letter, and the dam fine […]
Each year, we celebrate Earth Day. April 22nd represents the special day when we’re reminded to care and respect this wonderful place we all call home. Make no mistake, it’s a very good thing…a good symbolic reminder of what’s important. But one day of respectful celebration won’t do all that much in practical fact. What […]
This is exciting news that I can finally share! After a year and half of intense development, I’m thrilled to report that the all new, Quattro-DB ultrasonic system is available! And when I say it’s a game changer for algae control…particularly for larger ponds and lakes, I’m not using that term lightly. The Quattro-DB Ultrasonic […]
For pond owners who love to work with Koi, this is important information that you need to be aware of. Here’s some background on what’s going on and what you can do to protect your access to a variety of high quality Koi. Injurious Species List The Center for Invasive Species Prevention (CISP) has petitioned […]
If you have duckweed or other floating weeds blooming in your pond right now, this post is for you. It can be a frustrating and miserable feeling to see your once pristine pond getting quickly covered with some kind of floating gunk that ends up covering the entire surface. What you’re looking at could be […]
Hydroponics…it’s a word you might hear from time to time, particularly when you’re buying a vegetable at the store. I remember the first time I came across a hydroponic tomato…I had no idea what it was. Then there were cucumbers, lettuces, and other plants, all coming from hydroponic operations, so of course it peaked my […]
As winter approaches we always get questions on how to deal with ice in a pond. It’s an important consideration if you have a dock, or similar structure, or you have fish that you might want to protect. There are several ways to deal with ice build up with the most popular tools being some […]
We aren’t quite into the heart of fall but it’s soon coming, and along with that, the leaves will begin to swish and sway towards the ground. And let’s be honest. A pond is basically a hole in the ground with water in it. Which means that if your pond lies beneath an overhanging tree, […]
Last week a sad tale hit the newswire with details surrounding the death of an 80 year old Wisconsin Rapids man. He had gone out to clean some algae from a pond on his property, and when he hadn’t returned that evening his wife became concerned and went looking for him, and found him face […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- One Dam Fine Letter April 30, 2017
- Earth Day – Save On Our Natural Products April 17, 2017
- Game Changer – The Quattro-DB Ultrasound Algae Control System Is Here April 13, 2017
- Act Now: Proposed Regulation Could End Access To Koi March 26, 2017
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- Mark: Hi Mary...yeah the grounds around the pond are oft...
- Mary J Katz: this is a large natural pond in my condo complex. ...
- Mark: Jerry...thanks for the comment. Sometimes the car...
- Jerry: I use algae eating fish in my aquariums, never hav...
- Mark: Hi Ben, I don't think I have a fountain to work ...
- Read this closely. Nutrients feed algae of all kinds. And while algae isn't always destructive, when conditions a… https://t.co/FZcdaIK7eR 11 months ago
- Heron harassing your fish? Get one of these... https://t.co/gz9PJ4t9X8 12 months ago
- Howdy...I continue to get asked about chlorine filters for small pond owners, and while our Pond Fresh filters were… https://t.co/PCDU4j9P7h 1 year ago
- And there you go... https://t.co/KCHVxMQcCd 1 year ago
- Be sure to read - One Dam Fine Letter - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. https://t.co/UJyedxBMhc 2 years ago