As winter approaches we always get questions on how to deal with ice in a pond. It’s an important consideration if you have a dock, or similar structure, or you have fish that you might want to protect. There are several ways to deal with ice build up with the most popular tools being some […]
We aren’t quite into the heart of fall but it’s soon coming, and along with that, the leaves will begin to swish and sway towards the ground. And let’s be honest. A pond is basically a hole in the ground with water in it. Which means that if your pond lies beneath an overhanging tree, […]
Last week a sad tale hit the newswire with details surrounding the death of an 80 year old Wisconsin Rapids man. He had gone out to clean some algae from a pond on his property, and when he hadn’t returned that evening his wife became concerned and went looking for him, and found him face […]
A recent article from a Sauk Valley newspaper discussed the ongoing algae problems in a community park pond. I wouldn’t say though that the story came out with a happy ending. There are several notable steps the city took to help work against the algae issues and most were pretty good to start with. Let’s […]
After years of being in the pond business, it could be said that we’ve sold A LOT of pond aeration systems. From small backyard koi pond aerators to mulit-acre lake packages, and just about everything in between. In that time, we’ve learned, and observed, what it takes to keep these systems up and running for […]
Want a quick, clean, and easy way to add dye to your pond? Up to now most often we’ve had to use concentrated liquids for this task, but thanks to Easy Pro we now have an alternative. I’ve come to like powdered dyes because they still concentrated but much easier, and cleaner to work with […]
Whether your pond is small or large, it goes without saying that aeration in some form is very beneficial. Over the years we’ve mentioned that sub-surface aerators, or putting a diffuser at the bottom of the pond is highly desirable. That’s not to say that a fountain on the surface of the pond won’t be […]
Summer time can be hard on a pond. Of course you’ll commonly see very high temperatures and along with that comes a lot of sunny days. I’m normally partial to a little sunshine and like John Denver, I like it on my shoulder now and then. But it can beat down on a pond and […]
Chlorine and Chloramines are simply not something you want in your fish pond. Yet they are found in virtually every municipal water source. So, if you have a fish pond, and live in a city with a muni water supply, be sure to check with your city water department to find out what they are […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- How A Kasco Pond Deicer Saved A Whale October 2, 2015
- It’s Muck Building Time September 17, 2015
- Dangerous Ponds – Do You Have One Near You? September 9, 2015
- The Wrong Way To Manage A Pond August 11, 2015
- Pond Aerator Pumps Are Not Indestructable August 1, 2015
- Mark: Excellent to hear Matt...glad it worked for you!...
- Matt Rettig: Worked like a champ! Probably got 70% of it on my ...
- Mark: Hi Enid, Thanks for sharing your experience. It ...
- enid: I am getting rid of my iogen. Over the last three ...
- Mark: Hi Kathy...thanks for the question. If it get's ...
- Got a large pond with algae problems? It could be nitrogen run-off. What's worse, it causes more problems than... https://t.co/ZSIV9OPNpl 2 months ago
- Pets and ponds...can go together...but make them safe. https://t.co/IDq1O7pXd8 3 months ago
- Clean water...we can't live without it. http://t.co/1AjAXoSn0p 8 months ago
- Clean water...we can't live without it. http://t.co/pZoFxeu7tO 8 months ago
- Be sure to read - Dangerous Ponds - Do You Have One Near You? - today, at the Pond Algae Solutions Blog. http://t.co/1ukJDjiOeQ 9 months ago