If you have duckweed or other floating weeds blooming in your pond right now, this post is for you. It can be a frustrating and miserable feeling to see your once pristine pond getting quickly covered with some kind of floating gunk that ends up covering the entire surface. What you’re looking at could be […]
Hydroponics…it’s a word you might hear from time to time, particularly when you’re buying a vegetable at the store. I remember the first time I came across a hydroponic tomato…I had no idea what it was. Then there were cucumbers, lettuces, and other plants, all coming from hydroponic operations, so of course it peaked my […]
As winter approaches we always get questions on how to deal with ice in a pond. It’s an important consideration if you have a dock, or similar structure, or you have fish that you might want to protect. There are several ways to deal with ice build up with the most popular tools being some […]
We aren’t quite into the heart of fall but it’s soon coming, and along with that, the leaves will begin to swish and sway towards the ground. And let’s be honest. A pond is basically a hole in the ground with water in it. Which means that if your pond lies beneath an overhanging tree, […]
Last week a sad tale hit the newswire with details surrounding the death of an 80 year old Wisconsin Rapids man. He had gone out to clean some algae from a pond on his property, and when he hadn’t returned that evening his wife became concerned and went looking for him, and found him face […]
A recent article from a Sauk Valley newspaper discussed the ongoing algae problems in a community park pond. I wouldn’t say though that the story came out with a happy ending. There are several notable steps the city took to help work against the algae issues and most were pretty good to start with. Let’s […]
After years of being in the pond business, it could be said that we’ve sold A LOT of pond aeration systems. From small backyard koi pond aerators to mulit-acre lake packages, and just about everything in between. In that time, we’ve learned, and observed, what it takes to keep these systems up and running for […]
Want a quick, clean, and easy way to add dye to your pond? Up to now most often we’ve had to use concentrated liquids for this task, but thanks to Easy Pro we now have an alternative. I’ve come to like powdered dyes because they still concentrated but much easier, and cleaner to work with […]
Whether your pond is small or large, it goes without saying that aeration in some form is very beneficial. Over the years we’ve mentioned that sub-surface aerators, or putting a diffuser at the bottom of the pond is highly desirable. That’s not to say that a fountain on the surface of the pond won’t be […]
- Overwintering Your Pond Fish October 10, 2009
- Is There A Secret To Pond Algae Control? May 6, 2009
- Do It Yourself Pond Filter March 12, 2009
- What’s Your Favorite Pond Plant? September 4, 2008
- Keeping Pond Fish Safe From Predators – The Follow Up May 17, 2008
- Can This Device End Your Duckweed Problem? June 5, 2016
- How To Set Up A Hydroponic Pond May 30, 2016
- How A Kasco Pond Deicer Saved A Whale October 2, 2015
- It’s Muck Building Time September 17, 2015
- Dangerous Ponds – Do You Have One Near You? September 9, 2015
- Mark: It should help remove watermeal too...it would wor...
- Mr Rigg: Thank you so much for the imfo. just built a 2000 ...
- Cara: Does it also work for watermeal or just duckwead?...
- Philip: Very good info look for the video on this subject ...
- HenryJordan: Excellent blog, Thanks good advice for pond owners...
- Not a good day here:( https://t.co/i4TkNbFxm2 3 weeks ago
- Can't say we've seen this one before. https://t.co/kd5EDuFMeE 1 month ago
- This town is spending a lot of money to clean up an algae problem. But it really doesn't have to cost an arm and... https://t.co/v114vvJoEe 2 months ago
- From the New York Times of all places...and they kept it simple and to the point...and pretty much on target. https://t.co/YYdm1l54KE 3 months ago
- Aquaponics...fish and plants...what could be better? And it doesn't have to be big to be good. https://t.co/ylGE2UJKWP 3 months ago